Check out the latest fall LEARNING issue of SPLATTER!
Check out the latest summer CREATIVITY issue of SPLATTER!
If you weren’t excited about attending our state-wide All Educator Conference, you should be NOW. See what’s going on, gather educator advice, tips and more. But most importantly, GET A SNEAK PEAK at the WAEA Conference details, workshops and schedule here in the newest edition of Splatter, hot off the presses.
If you haven’t signed up yet, DON’T WAIT! You won’t want to miss THIS CONFERENCE!(click here)
Get the latest on some amazing summer inspiration, lessons, and articles… the new issue of SPLATTER is hot off the presses!
Get the latest on some amazing lessons and articles… the new issue of SPLATTER is hot off the presses!
Download the (.pdf) here and find out 4 Great Ways to Connect to Art Educators Across WA State … and Beyond!
Get connected at the WAEA State Conference: Be a Vendor, Be a Presenter, Be a Conference Sponsor and advertise in our state’s SPLATTER magazine.
Be the first to get your copy of the Winter 2015 SPLATTER issue! Click here for your copy.
The summer issue of SPLATTER is hot off the presses. Read how other art teachers “Renew” and re-energize over the summer. Find out more about the amazing upcoming Washington state art educators’ conference, Artoberfest! Get your hands on a few new lesson plans and so much more…! You don’t want to miss out on reading this summer’s issue of SPLATTER.
Click here to download a pdf of …. SPLATTER, vol. 1, issue 4
Have you missed some other issues? Not a problem, see the archive page for more SPLATTER issues and get up-to-date.
The Spring Splatter is done..check it out! http://waea.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/webspring2015version.pdf so now time to work on the Summer issue 🙂
- This issue will focus on “renewal” so I am looking for articles about personal artistic practice and the many other types of things YOU do to refresh in the summer.
- For the COVER I am looking for some recent teacher created artwork. Portrait layout will work best.
- Do you have a studio at home? I would like to do a feature for this issue of artists In their studios. So you can submit 1-3 photos of your studio, showing you and/or your artwork in it along with a short paragraph about your studio/artwork.
- For ESD announcements, it would be great to include ANY teachers that are showing in galleries in the coming months or even doing summer craft fairs and the like.
- We also have room for a Student Spotlight. I would like to feature a High school, college or elementary student (since we did MS in Spring issue) This would include 3-5 artwork images and a short paragraph written BY the student about their artwork. We do have a release form, if you do NOT already have something in place for your classroom that would cover this publication as well.
- For the Lesson Plan feature, I would like to focus on something that is a beginning of the year idea, since most teachers will get this issue AFTER their school has finished for the year. It can be something that is a proven winner that you like to use to get to know your students in the fall. All Grade levels welcome, but so far we have had 2 for middle school level so a high school or elementary would be preferred.
- Other ideas, road trip diary from last summer’s adventures; a review of a recent art class or workshop you took; Book reviews of non-fiction art techniques for personal practice or professional development books, or even beach reading novels!
- If you have a good idea for a gallery, studio, school or art company that you would like to see ADVERTISE in the Splatter, forward your ideas to Tracy. Or if you TEACH a class or a workshop and you would like to advertise, we are now taking ADS to help support the costs of the publication printing. Keep in mind, the issue won’t be out until the end of June. Contact Tracy for ad rates. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and be sure to let me know if you have something in mind so I can hold a spot for you.
Remember that only Active Members can be published, so renew if necessary. http://waea.net/splatter/publishing-guidelines/
Deadline June 15… feel free to send sooner! email@example.com
Just a friendly reminder that the article submission deadline is coming soon. We are looking for student spotlight pictures, lesson plans, articles about your classroom, ESD events or reports from your division activities, local YAM events and art shows or anything else that you think the membership would like to know.
Send your pictures and articles to me, Cynthia, at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publishing guidelines can be found here: http://waea.net/splatter/publishing-guidelines/
If you haven’t seen the last 2 issues check them out here.
Artist and Educator
The newest issue of SPLATTER is out! Read up on some amazing teachers and art advocates on the latest news, teaching tips, and more. Thank you to all who contributed. Have something to share? Contact Cynthia Gaub for more details and check out the publishing guidelines.