Committee Chair Job Description
WAEA Committee Chair Job Description:
Committee Chair positions mirror the initiatives defined by the current WAEA strategic plan, and committee chairs are an essential part of the work of the organization. Committee Chairs are selected from the Board of Directors by the Executive Officers.
- Fall Conference Chair
- Art Time Representative
- Membership, which would include Awards
- Professional Development/Events, which would include Arts Time Rep/Conference Chair
- Communications, which would include webmaster and website management
Qualifications and Eligibility:
- Current membership in WAEA and NAEA
- A desire to take an active leadership role in the WAEA.
- A knowledge of, or interest in, the work of the committee.
- Good communication skills.
- A willingness to devote the personal time, organizational skill, and energy necessary to fulfill the duties and obligations of the position in a timely way.
- A two year term of office, with the ability to continue in the position if desired, upon recommendation by the Board.
The Committee Chair will:
- Organize a committee of members or interested art educators state wide to fulfill the mission of the committee for the benefit of the profession, as stipulated in the WAEA strategic plan.
- Create a plan for the work of the committee, under Board Advisement.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with committee members to facilitate the work of the committee.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with Executive officers on the work of the committee.
- Delegate work, as needed, to members of the committee. Set deadlines and provide organizational support for completing the work on time.
- Attend Board meetings when possible, to report out on the work of the committee.
- Provide regular written short reports on committee work to be posted on the WAEA website.