President(s) Job Description
WAEA President(s) Job Description:
*WAEA President(s) assume the Presidency, after two years serving as President(s) Elect.
*The WAEA President(s) will serve a term of two years, commencing at the beginning of the school year and ending in August.
*The Presidency can be shared by two Co-Presidents, with the work being divided between them. One will be designated the official NAEA delegate.
The President(s) will:
- Attend NAEA Delegate Assembly and other events generated by the National and Regional associations annually, with the goal of representing member concerns and issues of the WAEA.
- Handle all correspondence and agreements with both National and Regional Affiliations in a timely way.
- Work with the Board and all Vice Presidents/ESD representatives to ensure all Board Positions are filled and successions are timely.
- Set Board meeting dates, locations and agendas under advisement with Board members.
- Chair and facilitate Board Meetings.
- Ensure that the WAEA Strategic plan is reviewed quarterly and updated annually to reflect the current needs and issues within the profession.
- Periodically review all budget reports, membership reports, committee assignments, OSPI initiatives/communications, and issues that arise from the National and Regional committees.
- Provide timely information in order to keep the WAEA Board and membership informed on local, regional and national issues that related to Art Education and the mission of the organization.
- Work with President(s) Elect to ensure that Fall Conference sites are secured a minimum of two years in advance of actual conference dates.
- Mentor President(s) elect and keep them informed on Presidential business to ensure that they are ready to assume the Presidency when their term commences.
- Ensure that communication with the membership is on-going and timely, regarding national, regional and local association business and initiatives.
- Ensure that the organization is devoting resources to fulfilling its mission through strategic initiatives in a timely and effective way, as directed in the current WAEA Strategic Plan.