Secretary Job Description
WAEA Secretary Job Description:
The WAEA Secretary is nominated by the nominating committee and elected by the general membership.
- An active membership in WAEA and NAEA
- The necessary organizational skills to generate, track and archive WAEA documents and correspondence.
- Some familiarity with the mission and organizational structure of the organization.
- Good written communication skills.
- The time and energy necessary to fulfill the duties and obligations of the position in a timely way.
- A two year term of office, with the ability to continue in the position if desired, upon recommendation by the Executive Board.
The Secretary Will:
- Attend all Board and general membership meetings and take minutes, or designate and alternate representative if unable to attend.
- Distribute meeting minutes to the Board for approval, and the General membership via web posting and email.
- Keep and archive records of committee reports and ESD Rep reports.
- Keep pertinent records on file and available for the Board and government bodies, Association activities.
- Generate and organize mailing to the general membership.
- Chair the Communication Committee.