WAEA wants to publish your great lessons, issues and approaches to teaching art in our quarterly publication of “SPLATTER”
We are looking for:
- Classroom Lessons (Lesson Plan Template)
- ESD related shows, events and advocacy for the arts in your region of the state
- Teaching reflections and successes (not specific to a lesson)
- Classroom management and organizational TIPS
- Concerns and issues that address arts in our state
Classroom Lessons should include: 3 or more high quality (300 dpi) images, the learning standards, materials needed, assessment, some steps to complete the lesson along with reflections and successes about the project. We’ve made it super easy… download this LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE and EMAIL to our Splatter publisher!
When writing For SPLATTER:
- Use a conversational style.
- Keep your ideas focused.
- 600-1000 words or less.
- Include your name and contact information (Include your school and district) in your document
When taking digital photographs For SPLATTER:
- Make sure your digital camera is on the “Best” setting.
- Turn OFF the date setting on your camera.
- Please do not make adjustments to your photos with any photo-editing software. We can make sure your image is best for our publishing needs.
When submitting your articles to SPLATTER:
Articles must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please attach your article as a word document and your photos as individual attachments (NOT embedded in the word document.) If images are too large to send in one email, please ZIP them into a compressed file (.zip).
Student Permissions: Be sure to send captions for your photos to give credit to your students when appropriate. Make sure you have parent permission to publish their work before sending. Find a student release form (HERE). You are responsible for securing this permission.
Compensation: While we cannot pay your for your articles, becoming published is a great way to promote your program. It is also a great portfolio piece for your evaluation and professional development. If possible, we will mail you a print version of the magazine for your portfolio. The digital version will be archived online for you to share with your principal and colleagues.
Deadlines: Splatter will be published on a quarterly basis. Upcoming deadlines are: Dec 15, Apr 15, June 15 and Sept 15.